A note about the cards...
What the cards will do...
- They are a guide to some of the things children will be working on at particular stages of their reading development.
- They relate to approximate National Curriculum sub-levels, so they can help teachers to gauge the correct level of challenge.
- They provide a structure and can be useful when working with small groups of children at the same level.
...and what they will not do.
- They are not tick lists to complete before racing to the next stage.
- Although they are consistent with APP, they are not a definitive assessment tool, though their use can help to inform teacher assessment.
- They will not teach children to read, but they will help provide both home and school with a shared understanding.
To buy, click here.